Feb 15, 2011

Lemon & Rosemary Baked Chicken

 

This week marks a new chapter in my cooking adventure - I've begun to cook my lunches a week in advance!  I used to be a big fan of Lean Cuisine, but their food is over processed, high in sodium, and I knew I could prepare healthier, diet-friendly food on my own.  This week I went with a WeightWatchers baked chicken recipe and paired the chicken with some steamed vegetables - enough to last all week.  The chicken tastes so good I think I'll prepare it again next week, but maybe slice it thin for sandwiches or salads.  Recipe is for four chicken breasts.

Ingredients:
  • Four Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts
  • 1 Tsp. Olive Oil
  • 2 Tbsp. Fresh, Chopped Rosemary
  • 2 Tbsp. Fresh, Chopped Parsley
  • 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
  • 1/4 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth


Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400°. 
  • Coat medium-sized baking dish with cooking spray.
  • Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
  • Place chicken in baking dish.
  • Drizzle olive oil over chicken.
  • Sprinkle rosemary and parsley over chicken.
  • Drizzle lemon juice over chicken to taste.
  • Pour chicken broth around chicken to fill bottom of baking dish.
  • Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.



No comments:

Post a Comment